By shopping at locally-owned businesses for locally produced products:
* You help preserve Missoula’s uniqueness and help keep it one of the last best places to live.
* You recirculate two to four times more of each dollar in the community than if you purchased from a nonlocal entity.
* You keep more tax dollars in our community to support our schools, parks, police, and other services.
* You support businesses that provide a large share of jobs in our community and are more invested in Missoula’s future.
* You ensure a solid foundation for our nonprofit organizations because they receive a majority of their donations from locally-owned businesses.
* You sustain vibrant, compact, and walkable shopping districts, which protects our natural resources and conserves energy.
On top of that, new research shows that communities with a higher density of small businesses have greater wealth, more entrepreneurship, more equality, higher voter participation. and even healthier residents.
See SBC Administrative Coordinator Susan Anderson's article in the Corridor Magazine for more reasons.
Buy Local Sponsors
JSN ImageShow - Joomla 1.5
extension (component, module) by JoomlaShine.com